Quiche is a great recipe to feed friends and family for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Quiche can be enjoyed anywhere and anytime! This recipe can even be made a day ahead of time for ease and convenience! This Bacon Broccoli Quiche with Cheddar is a delicious combination of flavors set in a creamy egg custard. This quiche is baked in Our Favorite Buttery Pie Crust Recipe, but a store-bought pie crust will work in a pinch! Add this yummy recipe to your kitchen’s repertoire today!
How To Make Bacon Broccoli Quiche
Good news! Bacon Broccoli Quiche with Cheddar is a simple recipe that the whole family can enjoy. These are the basic steps! Check out the recipe below for full measurements and more details!
- Firstly, start by lining a nine inch deep-dish pie pan with Our Favorite Buttery Pie Crust Recipe. (Or, for an even easier meal, pull that store-bought pie crust out of the freezer!)
- Then blind bake the crust in a hot oven until nearly cooked through. This step is essential to avoiding a soggy pastry! It takes a little extra time but is SO worth it!
- Meanwhile, cook your diced bacon. Then sauté the onion, garlic and broccoli in a bit of rendered bacon fat. Precooking the bacon and vegetables is an important step for properly cooked quiche! Set the filling aside to cool completely.
- Next, whisk the eggs with cream, milk and salt and pepper.
- Once the pie dough is blind baked and cooled, sprinkle on the bacon, broccoli mixture and shredded cheddar cheese. Pour the egg custard over the filling to fill the pie.
- Bake the Bacon Broccoli Quiche with Cheddar until the center is barely set and still jiggly! Let the quiche rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving warm! Alternatively, you can prepare the quiche ahead of time and reheat to serve later. Check out our reheating instructions below! Enjoy!
Ingredients for This Recipe
- Pie Crust – Use a homemade or store-bought crust, but either way make sure it is deep-dish!
- Bacon – Chose a high-quality, thick-sliced bacon for the best results. Instead, feel free to omit the bacon for a vegetarian-friendly Broccoli Cheddar Quiche!
- Broccoli – Chop the florets into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Onion – Optional, feel free to leave it out if preferred.
- Garlic – Also optional. But, come on. Bacon and garlic? Meant to be.
- Cheddar Cheese – Use a good cheese and shred it yourself! We like a super-sharp white cheddar, but a more mild cheddar would work well, too.
- Eggs – The star of this recipe is that silky egg custard!
- Heavy Cream – We like to use heavy creamy for a rich, luxurious Egg Custard. For lesser calories, feel free to substitute additional whole milk.
- Whole Milk – Whole milk is used in the Egg Custard base of this Bacon Broccoli Quiche recipe.
- Salt & Pepper – The only seasonings needed for this delicious quiche!
Advice for Flawless Quiche
Broccoli Bacon Quiche with Cheddar is an easy recipe that anyone can make. However, mistakes can be made. The best quiche has a crisp, flaky pastry and a barely-set cloud-like egg custard. Follow these tips for the best results!
Perfectly Creamy Egg Custard
- Cool crust and Bacon Broccoli Filling before adding Egg Custard. – Give everything a little time to cool before adding the Egg Custard. Otherwise, the heat could scramble your eggs!
- Do not use pre-shredded cheese. – Pre-shredded cheese is tossed in corn starch and other preservatives to prevent it from sticking together. Those additives will cook into your custard and create grainy textures. For the best results, shred your cheese by hand or in the food-processor. It will only take a minute or two!
- Cook the quiche at a low temperature. – The best quiche is cooked low and slow until the custard is barely set! We recommend cooking this Bacon Broccoli Quiche at no hotter than 300 degrees Fahrenheit (149 degrees celsius).
- Do not overcook the quiche. – Overcooked quiche is just scrambled egg pie! Cook the quiche until the center is barely set and still jiggly in the center!
- Let the quiche rest before slicing and serving. –
Crisp, Flaky Crust
- Use a great pie crust recipe. – Make sure to choose a pie crust recipe that is well tested. We are partial to Our Favorite Buttery Pie Crust recipe, but any tried-and-true pie crust will do. If using a frozen store-bought pie crust, be sure to choose a nine inch deep-dish crust.
- Blind bake the pie crust completely. – No matter which pie crust you use, be sure to blind bake the crust completely! Blind baking is when you bake the pie crust on it’s own before adding any filling. (You can read more about blind baking on our pie crust post.)
- Use tin foil or a pie shield to prevent burning, if necessary. – If the edges of your pie are becoming too browned during the quiche bake, simply tent the edges in foil (or use a pie shield) to prevent burning.
- Bake quiche on the bottom third of your oven. – Baking the Bacon Broccoli Quiche on the bottom of the oven (close to the heat source) helps to prevent a soggy-bottomed pie! The base of the crust will be in the hottest part of the oven and crisp to a beautiful golden brown!
How To Reheat Quiche
Quiche is a great meal to make ahead of time and while you can certainly enjoy it cold from the fridge, we always prefer quiche that is served warm. This recipe makes for the prefect stress-free breakfast for holidays or brunch parties. (We like to pop a quiche in the oven for Christmas breakfast or Mother’s Day brunch.) Since this quiche recipe reheats so well, it is also a great option to bring to a friend’s potluck, or to gift to a busy mom or new neighbor. Here’s how we recommend reheating this Bacon Broccoli Quiche with Cheddar:
- Firstly, arrange a rack in the center of your oven. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (149 degrees celsius).
- Then, add prepared quiche to the oven and bake quiche for 12 – 16 minutes or until quiche is warmed through.
- Allow quiche to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Serving Suggestions: What to Pair with Quiche
This Bacon Broccoli Quiche with Cheddar is no-doubt delicious enough to be eaten all by itself. However, for a more complete meal, we recommend serving this recipe with a side dish. A fresh green salad in a light vinaigrette is our first choice side dish to serve with this quiche. We recommend using a crunchy green (we love Little Gem lettuce) dressed in a zippy acid-driven dressing for a nice contrast to the creamy egg custard. In addition, some crispy fried potatoes would also make for a yummy side. At breakfast, we often enjoy our quiche with a healthy fruit salad, instead.
Bacon Broccoli Quiche with Cheddar is made even better with a glass of wine! A decent quality Prosecco or yeasty Champagne will have vibrant little bubbles that clean your palette after every bite! That being said, if you don’t care for bubbles, a dry rosé makes for a picture perfect Spring-appropriate pairing. Furthermore, for a white wine pairing, we recommend a wine with a richer mouthfeel and racing acidity. Try a lesser-oaked chardonnay from Chablis, a Chenin blanc from Vouvray or an off-dry French or German riesling. They all pair perfectly with eggs!
Share Your Success!
This Broccoli Bacon Quiche with Cheddar is an easy delicious recipe to be enjoyed anytime or place! We love serving this recipe to friends and families throughout the year but especially during special brunch dates and sunny gatherings! It’s a classic recipe that can be enjoyed by all. When this recipe makes its way to your table be sure to drop us a comment below! And, as always, tag @foodworthfeed in your Instagram posts and stories. We love having a seat at your table, you’ll always have one at ours!Print
Looking for more scratch recipes from foodworthfeed? Check out a few of our favorites below!