This Thai inspired curry paste is way better than the store-bought stuff! It is vegan, mild OR spicy, super quick & so easy!
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves and stems
- 1 bunch basil, leaves and stems
- 3 - 5 scallions, roots removed, cut in thirds
- 3 stalks of lemongrass bulbs, woody layers removed, halved
- 5 - 15 green Thai bird chili peppers, stems removed, optional, as desired for spiciness
- 28 grams (1 ounce, about a 4 inch piece) fresh ginger root, peeled
- 28 grams (1 ounce, about a 4 inch piece) fresh galangal root, peeled
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon fine, sea or kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Gather, measure and prepare the recipe ingredients as listed.
- Combine all ingredients is a food-processor fitted with the blade attachment or a high-powered blender. Process on high-speed 2 - 5 minutes or until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and form a paste.
- Easy, Vegan Thai Green Curry Paste can be used in your recipes immediately, refrigerated for up to one week or frozen in 4 tablespoon portions for up to three months.
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Curry, Vegan
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
Keywords: Vegan Thai Green Curry Paste, Homemade Curry Paste, Thai Green Curry Recipe, Vegan Curry Paste, Vegan Green Curry