Our Green Pea Pasta with Burrata recipe is a lovely Springtime meal! This recipe can be made using fresh, handmade pasta (we use our Easy Homemade Semolina Pasta Dough) or your favorite boxed pasta. The Pea Pasta Sauce is made in a blender and comes together in just 30 minutes! It’s vibrantly green, naturally a little sweet, and flavored with lemon and a hint of vanilla bean. Trust us! It’s so yummy! As you know, everything is better with burrata! We top this Springtime pasta recipe with a generous portion of creamy burrata cheese. This recipe is quick and simple enough for weeknight dinners and yet, still special enough to wow your dinner guests! Check out our quick How To video below!
How to Make Green Pea Pasta Sauce
Green Pea Pasta Sauce is so yummy! Here’s how it is done!
- First, start by blanching a couple cloves of garlic. By bringing them to a boil, you can remove some of the garlic’s sharp and bitter qualities and create a more mild garlic flavor.
- Then, in the same boiling water, blanch the fresh or frozen peas until they are bright green and beginning to float. To avoid over-cooking (and help to maintain the pea’s vibrant green color), shock the peas and garlic in an ice water bath after cooking. This boil and chilling process is called “blanching and shocking”.
- Next, add the blanched peas, garlic, lemon juice, vanilla, salt and ice water to the blender. Puree on high speed for 2 – 3 minutes or until completely smooth.
- When the pasta is prepared and you are ready to serve the dish, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer the Green Pea Pasta Sauce to the pan and add the butter. Heat until the sauce is warmed and butter is melted. Finally, add some additional peas and add your cooked pasta to the pan. Stir to combine and serve with burrata cheese and fresh basil. So easy! Check out our recipe card for the full instruction below.
Check out these other delicious pasta recipes from foodworthfeed!
- Funfetti Ravioli Primavera (No Sprinkles, Just Veggies!)
- Never Better Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo with Chicken
- 30 Minute Chicken Marsala Meatballs
- Halloumi Pasta Salad with Greek Herb Vinaigrette
Head to our Lunch & Dinner page for our entire archive of main courses.
Choosing Your Noodle
This Green Pea Pasta can be made with any pasta shape you desire. However, we recommend choosing a long noodle that you can twirl in the sauce and creamy burrata cheese! It’s beautiful and delicious! Personally, we love using spaghetti for this dish. For homemade pasta, we recommend using our Best, Easy, Homemade Semolina Pasta Dough. We use our pasta machine to sheet the dough to about 1 1/2 millimeter (about 1/16 of an inch) thick.
Whichever pasta you choose, we recommend cooking until it is barely al dente! Be careful not to overcook! The pasta will continue to cook in its own steam while you are warming the sauce. Nobody likes a soggy noodle!
Burrata The Beautiful & Finishing Touches
Peas are the star of this dish but the burrata cheese steals the show! Burrata is a fresh cow’s milk cheese made of mozzarella and cream. This sphere-shaped Italian cheese has a mozzarella exterior that encases a gooey, cream-filled center. It is a decadent, richly-flavored cheese that is the perfect compliment for this dish!
For the finishing touches, we season the burrata with a pinch of flaky sea salt and cracked black pepper. Lastly, the Green Pea Pasta with Burrata is topped with fresh basil leaves and a generous drizzle of good olive oil. It’s a delectable Spring meal made in well under an hour! Buon appetito!
Share Your Success!
You’re going to love this simple Spring recipe! Our Green Pea Pasta with Burrata is one of our favorite recipes for easy entertaining! When this recipe makes its way to your table, be sure to drop us a star rating! And, as always, mention @foodworthfeed or tag #foodworthfeed in your Instagram posts and stories! We’d love to feature you on social! We love having a seat at your table, you’ll always have one at ours. Cheers!
Green Pea Pasta with Burrata
- Spider Utensil
Green Pea Pasta with Burrata
- 1 pound homemade or boxed pasta we recommend using spaghetti made from our recipe: The Best, Easy, Homemade Semolina Pasta Dough
- 1 recipe Green Pea Pasta Sauce
- ½ Cup fresh or frozen peas (See Note: a)
- 4 – 6, 2 ounce balls of burrata cheese (1 per person), room-temperature
- Olive oil as desired for finishing
- Flaky finishing salt as desired
- Freshly-ground black pepper as desired
- Fresh basil leaves as desired
Pea Pasta Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Cups fresh or frozen peas
- ¼ Cup lemon juice
- ½ Cup water iced; plus more for an ice water bath
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract OR 1/2 fresh vanilla bean seeds optional
- Fine, sea or kosher salt to taste; plus additional salt, as desired, for salting blanching water
- Ice as needed
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter room-temperature
Green Pea Pasta with Burrata
- Gather, measure and prepare the ingredients as listed. To view metric measurements, toggle the US Customary/Metric switch at the top of this recipe card.
- Fill a medium stock pot with cold water. Add garlic and bring to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath in a medium mixing bowl lined with a strainer or colander.
- Once boiling, use a slotted spoon or spider kitchen utensil to remove the garlic from the pot. Transfer the garlic to the ice water bath to stop cooking. Then, salt the boiling water, generously. Add peas to the boiling water and cook for 1 – 2 minutes or until the peas are bright green and beginning to float. Just as you did with the garlic, use a slotted spoon or spider kitchen utensil to remove the peas from the pot. Immediately transfer the peas into the ice water bath to stop cooking. This process is called “blanching and shocking” and helps to maintain the peas vibrant color and prevent overcooking.
- Remove the garlic and peas from the ice water bath and transfer to a blender. Add the lemon juice, (1/2 Cup) of iced water, vanilla and salt to the blender. Process on high speed for 2 – 3 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Meanwhile, prepare you pasta to package (or recipe) instructions until just barely al dente. Do not overcook. If using our Homemade Semolina Pasta Dough recipe, boil spaghetti for 90 – 120 seconds. Drain pasta and set aside. Do not rinse.
- Once ready to serve, heat a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Transfer Green Pea Pasta Sauce to the pan and begin to warm. Add the sauce and butter to the pan and stir until melted.
- Then, add the reserved peas and stir to combine. Add your cooked pasta to the pan and, using tongs, toss the pasta in the sauce. Once the pasta is thoroughly heated, remove the pan from the heat and portion immediately.
- Once portioned, top each serving with a ball of burrata cheese. (We like to tear each ball of burrata in half to expose the creamy interior.) To serve, drizzle each serving with olive oil, and season with flaky sea salt and black pepper. To finish, garnish each dish with fresh basil leaves, as desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Check out foodworthfeed’s most popular recipes!