Blondies are one of our favorite easy tray bakes - the flavor of a cookie and the texture of a brownie? Who wouldn't love that!? This blondie recipe is flavored with fresh lemon juice resulting in a sweet, citrusy, chewy bar that is absolutely crave-able! The blondies are great on their own but even better when topped with a thick layer of White Chocolate Ganache frosting! We love serving this Lemon Blondies with White Chocolate Ganache recipe during Spring holidays like Easter and Mother’s Day. This recipe is also perfect for baking with kids, sharing with friends and family, or bringing a whole tray to a potluck or neighborhood barbecue. This easy recipe is sure to become a Springtime favorite from your kitchen! Be sure to check out our step-by-step How To videos below!
What is a Blondie?
A blondie is essentially a vanilla cookie bar. Blondies are typically baked in square or rectangular pans and have a brown sugar flavor with a chewy, gooey texture. The name comes from the combination of "blonde" and "brownie". These tray bakes are typically made without cocoa powder and, while they resemble a brownie in size, shape and texture, they lack the chocolatey flavor and darker coloring. These blonde colored treats are a delicious bake that is perfect for sweet snacking and sharing! Best of all? This Lemon Blondie with White Chocolate Ganache recipe is quick and easy to make! You will only need a few ingredients and this recipe requires no special equipment.
How To Make Lemon Blondies
Lemon Blondies are so easy to make, we find ourselves whipping up a batch on a whim whenever the mood strikes! To start, simply stir your sugars, melted butter, lemon juice and eggs together. Then, add your flour and other dry ingredients and stir to combine! Be careful not to over-mix the batter, blondies are best when the flour is stirred in just until incorporated! Transfer the Lemon Blondie batter to your pan and bake! It couldn't be any simpler! Meanwhile, you can make your White Chocolate Ganache Frosting which only requires four ingredients! Check out this quick how to YouTube video to see how we make this Lemon Blondies recipe, step by step!
Lemon Blondie Ingredients
- Light Brown Sugar - Brown sugar gives blondies their signature caramel-like flavor. For this recipe, we use light brown sugar so we don’t overpower the bright lemony flavor.
- Granulated Sugar - A little additional white sugar helps to keep these bars from becoming too dense.
- Butter - Melted butter helps to contribute to these Lemon Blondie’s characteristic chew.
- Lemon Juice - We recommend using freshly-squeezed lemon juice for the freshest of lemon flavors and to avoid any additives or artificial lemon flavorings. Be sure to strain out the seeds!
- Eggs - Two eggs help to bind the batter and contribute to great texture.
- Vanilla Extract - Vanilla compliments the lemon and white chocolate flavors just right!
- All-Purpose Flour - Standard all-purpose flour is the base for this tray bake’s structure.
- Cornstarch - Cornstarch helps to create a tender crumb in the Lemon Blondies.
- Salt - Salt helps to distinguish flavors and is essential in savory and sweet recipes!
- Baking Powder - A little baking powder gives these blondies the little puffy lift they need!
White Chocolate Ganache Frosting
A simple, whipped White Chocolate Ganache makes the perfect decadent frosting to top these Lemon Blondies! White chocolate ganache can be made from just two ingredients: white chocolate and heavy cream. Additionally, we like to add a little butter, for a richer mouthfeel and a touch of salt to help balance the sugar and sweet cocoa butter flavors.
- This White Chocolate Ganache recipe could not be any easier! Simply pour your heated heavy cream over the white chocolate chips. Add the salt and butter and allow to sit for about five minutes. During that time, the cream will slowly melt and temper the white chocolate.
- Stir thoroughly to combine. At this stage, the White Chocolate Ganache Frosting will be quite warm and thin.
- To thicken, chill in the refrigerator about 2 - 3 hours or until firm. Once your White Chocolate Ganache is chilled, you can quickly whip the ganache until it is fluffy and spreadable - about one minute. (See Note: a)
For a visual, watch this How To Make White Chocolate Ganache Frosting Video:
Share Your Success!
This delicious tray bake recipe is one of our Spring season favorites! (Though, let’s be real - we’ll happily eat this one all year round.) We can’t wait for you to be delighted by these Lemon Blondies with White Chocolate Ganache! When this recipe makes its way to your table be sure to drop us a comment below! And, as always, tag @foodworthfeed in your Instagram posts and stories. We love having a seat at your table, you’ll always have one at ours!
More Recipes You'll Love
- The Best Carrot Spice Cake with Brown Butter Frosting
- Billionaire Alfajores with Homemade Dulce de Leche & Toasted Coconut
- Coconut Tart with Strawberries
- Easy Lemon Pancakes & Earl Grey Crème Anglaise
Check out our Sweets & Dessert recipes collection for more baking inspiration!