Homemade Peach Syrup is a sweet Summertime treat! This easy simple syrup recipe is made with fresh peaches and can be used in cocktails, to sweeten iced tea, poured over vanilla ice cream or thickened to accompany waffles, biscuits and more! This homemade syrup recipe is a sweet and simple way to celebrate peach season however you see fit!
What You'll Need:
This delicious peach syrup requires just three simple ingredients! It's an easy way to enjoy your fresh Summer peaches! Best of all, this syrup is made with the skins on! No tedious peach peeling required!
- Peaches - We recommend using the best ripe and juicy peaches you can find. White or yellow flesh peaches will both work well for this recipe. If needed, you can also prepare this recipe using frozen peaches.
- Sugar - We usually make this recipe with granulated cane sugar. However, this recipe can also be made with coconut sugar or brown sugar for a deeper, more caramelized flavor.
How To Make This Recipe
This Peach Simple Syrup is so easy to make! All you need to do is to combine the sliced peaches, sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Set the pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Allow the fresh Peach Syrup to come to a boil, then lower the temperature and simmer on low heat for about three minutes. Remove the syrup from the heat and allow the hot syrup to cool to room temperature. When cooled enough to handle, strain the syrup through a fine mesh strained lined with cheesecloth. Finally, gently squeeze the cheesecloth to release all the flavorful peach juice into the tasty syrup!
Note: For a chunky peach syrup that can be used in place of a jam, peel and cut the peaches into small pieces before cooking. Then, allow the mixture to cook on a low simmer for a few additional minutes. For a textured syrup, the cooked peaches do not need to be strained and the syrup will continue to thicken slightly, as it cools.
How To Make a Thicker Syrup
Peach Simple Syrup is a great way to enjoy your peaches in cocktails, homemade Italian sodas and the like. However, for a syrup suitable for pancakes, we recommend thickening the simple syrup. The best way to thicken this easy Peach Syrup is to add a small amount of gelatin to the mixture. To do this, bloom one teaspoon of powdered gelatin in one Tablespoon of water. Meanwhile, return the strained syrup to a small pot and heat to simmer. Once simmering, remove the syrup from the heat and stir in the bloomed gelatin mixture until fully dissolved. As the syrup cools, it will thicken to a richer corn syrup like consistency.
Saving & Storing this Syrup
Peach Syrup can be used immediately or stored in the fridge or freezer.
- Refrigerator: Once the syrup has been strained, transfer syrup to an air-tight container. We typically use a mason jar. Syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. We recommend shaking the syrup well, before using.
- Freezer: Peach Syrup can easily be frozen and enjoyed weeks or months after peach season is over. Once the syrup has cooled completely, transfer the syrup to a freezer ziplock bag. Alternatively, for use in cocktails, the syrup can be portioned and frozen in one ounce portions in an ice cube tray for quick and easy thawing. Frozen Peach Syrup can be stored for up to 3, or more, months.
Peach Syrup is a versatile Summer treat that can be enjoyed in a number of ways! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Pancakes, Waffles, Biscuits & French Toast - Peach Syrup can make for a delicious, seasonal alternative to maple syrup or honey. For the best results, check out our suggestions for making a thicker syrup in the recipe card notes. (Note: a)
- Cocktails - Try this recipe in your favorite Summer libations! For instance, this syrup works great in a margarita or our Peach Moscow Mule! Our Peach Daiquiri recipe that uses this syrup is one of our all time favorite drinks!
- Mocktails & Sodas - Stir this syrup into a club soda or ginger beer for an easy refreshing mocktail! Add a splash of cream for a homemade Italian peaches and cream soda!
- Sweet Peach Tea - Use this simple syrup recipe to sweeten some freshly brewed black tea! Add sliced peaches and lemons for a beautiful and delicious presentation.
- Ice Cream or Yogurt - Pour a drizzle of this syrup over vanilla ice cream or yogurt! Add extra peach slices, strawberries and blackberries for a simple Summer dessert!
Share Your Success!
This easy Peach Syrup is the perfect way to enjoy fresh peaches and celebrate the end of the Summer season. With so many great ways to use this recipe, we can't wait to see how you love it best! When this recipe makes its way to your table, be sure to drop us a star rating! And, as always, mention @foodworthfeed or tag #foodworthfeed in your Instagram posts and stories! We’d love to feature you on social media! We love having a seat at your table, you’ll always have one at ours. Cheers!
More Fruit Syrup Recipes
Check out our other recipes for homemade simple syrups!
- Easy Plum Syrup Recipe (for Sodas, Cocktails & Sweets!)
- Rhubarb Syrup – For Cocktails, Mocktails & Sweets
- Raspberry Lychee Collins (with Homemade Raspberry Lychee Syrup)
Take a look at our entire collection of home bar recipes on our Cocktails & Mocktails page!
Peach Syrup (for Cocktails, Sweet Tea & More)
- Fine-Mesh Strainer
- 3 medium peaches (about 8 - 10 ounces or 225 - 285 grams) pitted and quartered
- 1 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ Cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatin optional for a thicker syrup, See Note: a.
- Gather, measure and prepare the Peach Syrup ingredients as listed. To view metric measurements, toggle the US Customary/Metric switch at the top of this recipe card.
- Combine the quartered peaches, sugar and water in a medium sauce pot. Set the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Bring mixture to boil and reduce heat to simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Once syrup has cooled enough to be handled, strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth. Squeeze the peaches through the cheesecloth to extract as much juice as possible. Peach Syrup can be used immediately or store in an airtight contianer in the fridge or freezer. To thicken the syrup, See Note: a. Enjoy!