This Peach Moscow Mule is one of our favorite cocktails for Summertime! This cocktail is a play on a classic Moscow mule recipe made with the Summery twist of fresh peach syrup! Peach, ginger beer and fresh-squeezed lime juice and your choice of virgin, vodka or bourbon come together for a delicious, bubbly refreshment!
What You’ll Need to Make Peach Mules:
This Peach Moscow Mule recipe requires just a few simple ingredients! They’re easy to make, easier to drink and the perfect way to enjoy peach season!
- Vodka or Bourbon - A classic Moscow Mule cocktail calls for vodka. Vodka creates a neutrally flavored base that lets the fresh peach and ginger flavor sing! For a twist, try a Peach flavored Kentucky Mule made with bourbon! The barrel-aged whiskey will have natural notes of caramel and vanilla that taste great with the intense peach flavor!
- Booze is optional! Moscow Mocktails are a delicious treat even the kids can enjoy on a hot day! Simply omit the alcohol for a peachy lime ginger soda!
- Ginger Beer - Despite the name, most ginger beer is non-alcoholic. Our favorite brand is Fever Tree for it’s stronger ginger flavor. For a sweeter cocktail, feel free to substitute your favorite ginger ale.
- Lime juice - We recommend fresh lime juice for the best results! You can try lemon juice for a slightly different flavor.
- Peach Syrup - Our homemade peach syrup recipe is made from fresh peaches, sugar and water! We have included the recipe below, but be sure to check out the full recipe post for more insight and serving suggestions!
A homemade simple syrup recipe that is perfect for flavoring Summertime cocktails, mocktails, sweet tea and desserts!
Serving the Mules
The original Moscow Mule was served in an icy copper mug! Fun fact: the copper cup and original mule were forever bound in 1941. The inseparable union has a great American dream story involving a Russian immigrant, a ginger beer creator and the owner of a once failing vodka distillery: Smirnoff. The history of the Moscow Mule is a great story, I wish they could have tasted it with our Summer peach twist!
We were able to score some traditional copper mugs at our local thrift store. They're perfect for keeping the drinks chilled to perfection. However, if you don't have copper mugs, feel free to serve this cocktail in your favorite glassware of choice. Be sure to garnish your Peach Moscow Mules with lime wheels, peach slices, cinnamon sticks or a sprig of fresh mint leaves.
Peach Mule Pitchers
Moscow mule cocktails are perfect for entertaining! Iy you don't want to build them individually to order, go ahead and make a pitcher! You can even make a build-your-own Peach Moscow Mule Bar with pitchers of non-alcoholic (kid-friendly) mules and bottles of add-your-own vodka and bourbon. It's perfect for barbecues, cookouts and Summer fun! Avoid watering down your Peach Mule Pitchers by using frozen peaches in place of ice cubes. It's extra beautiful and delicious! Here are the specs for over-sized pitcher pourers:
- ½ Cup lime juice (100 milliliters + 1 Tablespoon)
- ¾ Cup Peach Syrup (150 milliliters + 1 Tablespoon)
- 3 Cups (24 ounces) Ginger Beer (700 milliliters)
- Optional: 1 ½ Cups of vodka or bourbon (350 milliliters)
- OR serve booze on the side and recommend 1½ ounces per cocktail! (3 Tablespoons)
- Frozen Peach Slices (As needed, to keep your mules cold!)
Share Your Success!
This Peach Moscow Mule is so tasty and refreshing, it sure to be your favorite Summer cocktail! When this recipe makes its way to your table, be sure to drop us a star rating! And, as always, mention @foodworthfeed or tag #foodworthfeed in your Instagram posts and stories! We’d love to feature you on social! We love having a seat at your table, you’ll always have one at ours. Cheers!
More Cocktail Recipes To Love
- Peach Daiquiri - A Refreshing Summertime Cocktail
- Plum Rum Old Fashioned - (An Easy Plum Syrup Cocktail)
- Raspberry Lychee Collins - So Refreshing!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Whiskey Sour
Peach Moscow Mule (Vodka, Bourbon or Virgin)
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Strainer
- Copper Mug (Optional)
Peach Syrup (Enough for 16 Cocktails)
- 3 medium peaches (about 8 - 10 ounces or 225 - 285 grams)) pitted and quartered
- 1 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ Cup filtered water
Peach Moscow Mule (1 Cocktail)
- 1½ ounces vodka or bourbon optional
- ½ ounce lime juice freshly- squeezed
- ¾ ounce Peach Syrup from recipe
- Ice as needed for shaking and serving
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- Peach slices, lime wheels, cinnamon sticks or fresh mint optional, as desired for garnish
Peach Syrup (Enough for About 16 Cocktails)
- Gather, measure and prepare the Peach Syrup ingredients as listed. To view metric measurements, toggle the US Customary/Metric switch at the top of this recipe card.
- Combine the quartered peaches, sugar and water in a medium sauce pot. Set the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Bring mixture to boil and reduce heat to simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Once syrup has cooled enough to be handled, strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth. Squeeze the peaches through the cheesecloth to extract as much juice as possible. Peach Syrup can be used immediately or stored in an airtight contianer in the fridge or freezer.
Peach Moscow Mule
- Gather, measure and prepare the Peach Moscow Mule ingredients as listed.
- Combine vodka or bourbon (if using), peach syrup, lime juice and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for thirty seconds.
- Strain the contents of the shaker through a cocktail strainer into a copper mug or cocktail glass. Top with fresh ice and ginger beer.
- Garnish with a peach slice, lime wheel, cinnamon stick or sprig of mint, as desired. Cheers!